Straightening your teeth with braces at Parkland Orthodontics
Crooked and misaligned teeth not only harm your facial aesthetics but can cause several issues with your oral functionalities. Apart from bite issues and speech problems, misaligned teeth are sometimes tough to clean. This can lead to the accumulation of plaque and bacteria, which ultimately leads to tooth decay, and severe periodontal problems. If you want your teeth to look perfect when you smile, contact us at Parkland Orthodontics. We have experienced orthodontists who will thoroughly check your teeth and decide if you need braces to rectify your smile.
We offer high-quality braces at affordable prices. Depending on the shape of your mouth, our orthodontist will customize braces that would fit your mouth perfectly. You can even get color braces from us according to your preferences.
What are the benefits of getting braces?
Wearing braces have several benefits, like:
- It helps in improving your speech.
- It helps to prevent bone erosion caused due to misaligned teeth.
- It improves your bite, and as a result, you will be able to eat properly. Thus it aids digestion and improves your nutritional intake.
- It improves your overall oral health.
- Once the treatment is over, you will get beautiful and perfectly aligned teeth. This will enable you to smile confidently in public.
What are the types of braces?
There are mainly five types of braces:
- Metal Braces- Also known as traditional braces, these are some of the oldest dental equipment used for straightening your teeth. Unlike the previous times, metal braces are now smaller, comfortable, and more effective. With advancing technology, these braces are able to give faster results.
- Ceramic Braces- These are basically made of clear or tooth-colored material. They work similarly to traditional braces but are less visible, which makes them popular.
- Self-ligating Braces- These braces work like metal or ceramic braces and are available in metal and ceramic forms. However, it uses doors or clips to hold the wire instead of the elastic rubber ties.
- Lingual Braces- These are placed behind your teeth, unlike the other types of braces. They are invisible and can be fully customized according to your teeth’ shape for added comfort. They offer the same results as any other braces.
Clear Aligners- Also known as Invisalign, these are quite popular these days due to the convenience it offers. It is invisible, removable, and offers similar results to other braces. Maintaining them are also quite easy.
Who is eligible for braces?
Previously, it was thought that only children could get braces. But this is not at all true. People of all ages, including adults, who want to straighten their misaligned teeth, can get braces. Your orthodontist will thoroughly check your dental conditions before deciding if you are the right candidate for this treatment.
If you want to know more about braces or get them for your child, contact us at Parkland Orthodontics. We have friendly staff waiting to greet you at our dentist’s office in Parkland, FL.