Caring for your braces the right way
It will take some time for you to get used to wearing braces. Initially, you might feel some discomfort wearing them but that will go away with time. Also, braces need some maintenance and upkeep. There are some restrictions with food and lifestyle changes you will have to make while you are wearing braces.
Things to take care of
- Consult your orthodontist at Parkland Orthodontics regarding the right toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash that you should use with your braces. Plaque can accumulate on the teeth covered by braces if not cleaned properly; the right selection of oral hygiene tools can help prevent that.
- Make sure to brush your teeth properly to remove debris caused by food and beverages.
- Flossing with your braces might be difficult, but it is essential to do it at least once a day. Ask your orthodontist the right way to floss your teeth.
- You should invest in an water pik to remove additional plaque and debris from your mouth.
- Finally, there will be food restrictions when you wear braces. Follow the instructions given by your dentist to maintain your braces. Always avoid hard and sticky foods that might stick to your braces like nuts, gums, etc.
A few other things to consider